Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken

I saw this recipe yesterday on My Kitchen Cafe's Blog I made it tonight for dinner, and it is AWESOME. I will definately be making this again. I made an extra dose of Sauce to drizzle on top and served with side of broccoli. I highly recommend this recipe!!!! Brad, my husbad thought it was really good too

Sweet and Sour Chicken
Chicken:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2)
Salt and pepper (Omitted this part)
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup (used no salt added)
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt (used garlic powder)

Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes. If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stove top. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced - about 6-8 minutes.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I LOVE this recipe! It's so good, isn't it? Your grilled pizza looks great, too!

Unknown said...

This sounds amazing. I'll have to try it tomorrow for dinner.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Just a quickk note to let you know the DEC/JAN recipe exchange on teh "NOW THAT'S WHAT'S COOKING" blog has been posted should you wish to participate again.

You can check it out on their blog or else you can click on the lunchbag image in the righthand sidebar of my blog to join.

I hope you can join us.

Unknown said...

Used Partx offers used parts for sale at discount price. We are specializing in late model vehicles (1990+). We are located at , within the County. used truck parts