Sunday, September 28, 2008

veggie ham Rice n cheese casserole


I found this recipe for Veggie Mac n cheese in my taste of home magazine and I thought i would make something of it. I cooked up some Brown Rice, I had some ham in the frig and some broccoli in the freezer that i cooked up.
I used the cheese sauce recipe from the magazine. This was really good and went quick at dinner time.
2 cups cooked brown rice
~1 1/2 C broccoli cooked if its frozen
1/2 Red Pepper cut into pieces
1/2 C corn
1/2 C ham
1T butter
1/4C flour
1C milk
1C chicken broth, low sodium I believe i used veggie broth
3C shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 dijon mustard I used spicey brown mustard
pepper
paprika
cook rice according to directions, cook broccoli according to directions
mix broccoli, peppers, & rice
place in 8x8 SPRAYED baking dish after cooked and drained
melt butter sprinkle in flour until blended gradually add in milk and broth. Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard, add pepper. Pour over rice, and veggies sprinkle some cheese and paprika
Bake uncovered @ 350* for 15-20 minutes or until heated thru.

No comments: