Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Doggy Birthday Cupcakes

After Realizing we totally missed Lucy's birthday i thought i better make her a cake to make up for it. I found the recipe on the Dog Treat Exchange
I made the peanut butter delight


1 cup white or whole wheat flour (I used WWF)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter Reduced Fat!
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used Canola Oil)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes. Frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator.

I used the ice cream recipe below to make frosting, I just placed it in the freezer for a short time to thicken it up and then frosted the top of the cupcakes, they dogs go crazy over them.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

How cute! I bet my Cole would love these.