I have found some crock pot Recipes for brad to make the days i work til 7pm, so that dinner is ready when i get home and neither one of us has to worry about it.
I tried to make my own biscuits to go with this recipe to try and cut some of the salt out of it, as they didn't turn out the greatest, maybe then will turn out better next time. But it was still very good and so simple to make.
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:10 hr 25 min
Makes:8 servings (3/4 cup each
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon instant chopped onion
1 dried bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup milk
1 bag (1 lb) Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables
1. Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
4. Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
5. For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Thaw frozen vegetables before adding to slow cooker.
1 Serving: Calories 335 (Calories from Fat 135 ); Total Fat 15 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 940 mg; Total Carbohydrate 29 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g); Protein 21 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 42 %; Vitamin C 16 %; Calcium 14 %; Iron 16 % Exchanges: 2 Starch; 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.