Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fruit Pizza


we were having a picnic themed "potluck" at work last weekend so i signed up to bring dessert. I dont remember where i found this recipe online. but it was really good. I think next time i will use Vanilla Yogurt for the "frosting" part though.
I did see some recipes that called for the sugar cookie crust you can buy in the can at the store, but i wanted to make my own crust to cut down some of the salt in the recipe.
PreHeat oven to 350*
Crust
1/2C Butter, softened
3/4C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/4C Flour
1/2t Baking Soda
1/2t Salt (I omitted)
Frosting
1 8oz Cream Cheese
1/2C Sugar
2t Vanilla (i only had 1t so i used 1t of orange extract and 1t of vanilla)
8oz Whip Cream
Top with Fruit of Choice
Mix the crust together and Bake on 350* for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely and then spread with frosting, and topp with fruit of choice.

No comments: